1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brass Ones.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 26, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Hold that thought, LJB, and read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_on_go_co/bush_signing_statements

You wanna talk "brass ones" and "flaunting the Constitution"? Holy shit.

But hey, he is, after all, the Dictato ... uh, I mean, Decider.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And meanwhile, Saddam Hussein relaxes in comfort in his cell, a situation George W. Bush could rectify in 15 minutes with one phone call.

Funny, he doesn't give a shit about trampling on 300 million Americans' rights, but he's scared out of his shorts of what happens if we tiptoe on poor Saddam Hussein's.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Its a situation we wouldnt be in if 41 had shown Brass Ones in the first place and kept going....

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

dog,

I think that's a valid concern. There seems to be a perception by this group that the existing laws are outmoded -- and by extension of that, circumnavigational.

5. Starman

Exactly. Shrubby Wimp just like Daddy Wimp.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Either George ain't won a war since he was playing with cast iron toy soldiers back in Kennebunkport.

7. Starman

Well, 41 really did fight in the Big One. You do have to give him that.

But he froze at the controls in Desert Storm.

Two or three more days, he could have had Saddam in a garbage bucket. That wouldn't have prevented all the problems we've had ever since, but it would have prevented a lot of them, and it's hard to imagine how things would be much worse in any case.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dear John
    I'm the Executive Editor.
    Thanks
    Bill Keller

And I strongly disagree with the Wimpy Bush, Sr. Man's a decorated war hero from WWII and did the right thing in Gulf I.
    He made the right call, Saddam wasn't a threat, his Army was crushed. A strong program of inspection was put in place. No need to make a move into Iraq, that's what the smart people told him. Smart people told Bush II the same thing, he fired them.
    Honest to God, Bush II hasn't made a single right call in regards to Iraq.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Oh, bullshit. Herbert Walker Bush bailed out on his crewmates and got decorated for it.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah. Every pilot who doesn't either crash on an island where eventually ever crash landed American dies or fly his burning airplane all the way back to the aircraft carrier really sucks.

11. Herbert Anchovy

I never said that.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I love how people come out and accuse Kerry of bullshitting his war stories and democrats call them crazy. People come out and accuse Bush sr. of the same thing and the same people are all "Oh, G HW Bush, he bailed on his crew members"

Maybe, just maybe, they're all full of it. No one was sitting in the seat with Bush, so I guess none of us really know whether or not he bailed out on time. It sure sounds like his plane was on fire though, and as a person who has never been in a plane that's on fire, I would imagine it would really suck. I wasn't standing beside Kerry either, so I don't know about his stories.

What do I think? I think the truth probably isn't as great or heroic as the official biography says and it probably isn't as cowardly or gutless as the naysayers say.

But go ahead. Call out Bush sr. for killing his crew. I'm sure you know the truth.

Draft saved Draft deleted