1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brass Ones.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 26, 2006.

1. http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060626111309990009&ncid=NWS00010000000001

And, somewhere, Valerie Plame is laughing herself sick.
    Oh and, in case you didn't notice, Peter King, former Sinn Fein US frontman, has decided that terrorism trumps the First Amendment.
    Keller's just got to be stronger than this.

2. To quote a well known blogger; "What would be more useful, if you were operating a terrorist network: the name of one Virginia-based WMD analyst who used to be a covert agent back before the African embassy bombings? Or roadmaps of how the US government monitors telecommunications and financial transactions?"

3. Mutah

Mutah Member

President Fucktard strikes again.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Worldwide Terrorism Inc. doesn't already have a pretty good idea that its financial activities are being monitored, and ShrubbyBoy and his mentor Darth Palpacheney aren't fully aware of this fact, then both parties must be dramatically stupider than we could have previously imagined.

Georgie Porgie, however, continues to push the envelope.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well known blogger?

I thought you just typed away about baseball? :)

6. Emphasis added in reply to Starman who I guess thinks he's an expert on terrorist financing.

7. Gee, the latest paid lackey at Treasury is upset. That'll change my mind.
    The story is legitimate. It is part of what the oversight of the press is supposed to be about, and it is a minor pushback against the idiotic interpretation of the presidency foisted on us by third-rate constitutional illiterates and authoritarian sycophants. There's nothing in that story that remotely approaches even the Pentagon. Do I wish Congress and the courts were doing their constitutionally protected roles better? Yes, but they're controlled by sheep, so we get Judy Miller's old paper instead.
    And, no, I don't feel safer, thanks. Just less American.

8. Snow took quite a drop in pay to serve his country - so paid Lackey is not even worthy of you. Plus keep in mind that Keller tried to justify his actions by saying nobody really tried hard to keep him from publishing this story. Snow directly and publicly contradicts that lie.

And as far as you changing your mind? I think we have all seen that you are completely set in your mindset and no amount of logic will make you change your belief set.

You might not like him but Bush was elected to office. Who elected Bill Keller into a position to decide what national secrets to divulge to the world?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That's debatable.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would imagine those wacky terrorists would only need to watch any of dozens of movies or TV shows to realize that they best be careful what they say over the phone or how they handle their cash.

Do they really need the New York Times to tip them off?

11. Speedys Sweater

Speedys Sweater New Member

Keller's only doing his job. Newspapers work for their readers, not anyone else. There's no way you keep a story like this from the people you're dedicated to serving.

12. So what you are saying is that it the job of the New York Times to print classified information? That's Bill Keller's job? Just want to get this one straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted