1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brand loyalty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 22, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I hope to God that Handsome Harley shows up on this thread. A bigger bundle of brand loyalty and neuroses you will never find.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

His namesake, on the other hand, was a mercenary with no loyalty and no morals, only a diving headbutt.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pepsi, not Coke. (Coke's way too syrupy)

KSwiss. (Last forever and their size 14 fits like a glove. Don't even have to try them on.)

Gold Star, not Skyline (IJAG is about to throw something at me).

And my biggest brand loyalty: Mac over PC any day, and twice on Mondays. And Tuesdays. Wednesdays, too. And Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ban Roll On Powder Fresh Scent. Been wearing it for at least 20 years.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For shoes, I'm a Nike guy. They're just better than anything else I've owned. I had a pair of Asics in high school that fell apart in two months. I had a pair of New Balance a couple years ago that were starting to wear out within a year. My Nikes always seem to last at least two years, and even then they're serviceable as backup shoes.

For ketchup, gotta go with Heinz. Hunt's separates if you leave it too long. Very annoying to go to pour it on a hot dog and you end up with tomato-flavored water saturating the bun.

Everything else, I'm pretty neutral. Growing up as a less-than-wealthy kid in New Jersey, though, I did eat enough crap like this...

[​IMG]

... to appreciate the difference between a national brand and the cheap store brand. Sometimes, the generics are better. Most times, they ain't.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm in the no Nike camp as well. I've only violate it when I'm wearing the USMNT jersey. But no shoes.

My biggest brand loyalties are to Apple and Natural Gear camo. (Hi-tech redneck!)

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Eight time World Champion, right?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Believe me, I checked it at least twice.

Another one that just dawned on me: I have only owned three baseball gloves in my life, all Rawlings, would never consider buying anything else. Huggy Jr. switched to a Wilson last year after his Rawlings Vernon Wells model got too small. Says the Wilson is just fine. Philistine.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Further proof that children are incapable of making their own decisions. It's the fucking Gold Glove Company. Does your son not want to win a Gold Glove?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sometimes you gotta spring for the frills.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Testify, brother.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

For me, it's a quality issue with Nike. I bought a pair of golf shoes; midway through the second round I wore them, the soles start to come apart. By the time I finish that round I have half a sole that's still attached and a second that's been broken into a dozen pieces; looks like someone put it in a Cuisinart. I take them back to the store, which gladly gives me a new replacement pair. They lasted less than six weeks. That was enough for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted