1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

braggin' on your kid thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Inspired by Shockey's celebration of lil' Shockey's road to Binghamton, and other threads talking up kids' accomplishments, here is a place where you can brag about what your kid(s) have accomplished recently. Learning to walk and learning to go potty, athletic feats and academic feats, acts of kindness and acts of hilarity, completing school and completing probation -- all of it is allowed here. No need to be shy. We're all friends. Right? (OK, not on the political threads, maybe.)

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

The Editude girls are doing well (one is spending her parents' money at one of the top hippie schools in the country), but I was taken the other day how, yes, uninteresting it is to hear parents talk about their kids. Two editors were discussing various exploits of their offspring, and I just didn't care. It's better than the alternative, I guess, but it's kind of like tooting your lawn's horn. Good on you, but it doesn't keep mine watered.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, it could be worse. There could be a "bragging (or complaining) about your bracket thread."

Oops, we already have that . . . polluting the NCAA thread.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My kids manage to flush the toilet after using it about half the time now.

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

my kid RULES on Guitar Hero III.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My son picked San Diego in his bracket!

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

If I have children I don't know about, I am quite certain they are lazy and underachieving.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My 5-year-old daughter is in the 95th percentile in Yahoo's men's pick 'em. She's whupping me. She picked SIENA.

My 9-year-old daughter pulls all As and Bs. Totally opposite of her old man.

But never have I ever been more proud of my kids than of my son. One night about two months ago, we're leaving Burger King on a 30-degree night. We happen to walk by a couple high school girls on our way out. Princecreole nearly ran into one, so he stopped, slowly moved his eyes up her bare legs and said, "Hi-i-i-i!"

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't have any kids so I get to brag about JR's. Does that count?

And I have a nephew who at the age of 8 has been scouted as a hockey goalie already. :D

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support, pops. Ever think of sending a check?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm teaching the oldest heartbreaker how to use triple beams.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son caught a citation bass. And got an A on an exam. And hit me up for three bills.

Draft saved Draft deleted