1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braff out of "Fletch Won", "Scrubs" to ABC?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Am I the only person who thinks Krasinski is a tad overrated? He's on a great show, but he's not the one that makes it a must-see.

I don't know if any young actor would have the comic gravitas needed to play Fletch.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

You know I thought the same thing about Krasinski when I bumped this thread. His new movie with Mandy Moore, Robin Williams looks AWFUL. I think the book is still out on him. Other than the deadpan looks he mugs during "The Office," what has he done, comedically, I mean?
    Here's what I want to know ... what the fuck happened to Jason Lee? Why's he out of the running. Forget all those other guys (I like Reynolds and big fan of Braff), Lee should play this part. I've heard some people mention Paul Rudd, but I think he's too old.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think this movie is going to suck and I really don't care who takes the role. It's been 15 years. I think I would have gone with Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kevin Smith's first and second instincts about five years ago were dead on...

Jason Lee and Ryan Reynolds...

I like Braff. I love Scrubs and I loved Garden State, but he's a little too goofy to play Fletch. There's no edge to him, that's why he's so good on Scrubs...

Joshua Jackson is a little too faggy to play Fletch... Krasinski is an interesting choice, but I still think they should go with Lee or Reynolds. I'm guessing Lee is probably considered too old now and Reynolds probably isn't famous enough, which is unfortunate...

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

A little too faggy? Nice.

Reynolds would be my first choice. Just wish Kevin Smith was still involved in this.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'll go you four better -- Braff and the completely edible Elisabeth Shue (who directed and wrote "Gracie," now in theaters); her brother, Andrew, and Kevin Spacey all hail from Maplewood, NJ, pop. about 25,000.

7. Mizzougrad96

When I think of the characters Reynolds has played on Two Guys and a Girl and in Van Wilder, I see Fletch...

Smug. Funny. Cool.

I agree about being sorry that Smith is no longer attached, but I really worry that his directing career may be headed downward. I don't have much faith in him putting out a good movie without Jay and Silent Bob in it...

Of course I'm one of those guys who hopes he makes 10 sequels to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back...

8. Mizzougrad96

Fletch Won is also by far the best of the books...

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Chasing Amy had very little J and SB in it. But yeah, more of them is never bad.

10. Mizzougrad96

Chasing Amy is one of Smith's more interesting films... The first 30 minutes are fucking hilarious, mostly thanks to Jason Lee...

The middle and the end is pretty much a bore, with the exception of the fantastic restaurant scene with Jay and Silent Bob...

Jason Mewes can make me laugh by just standing there...

Draft saved Draft deleted