1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braff out of "Fletch Won", "Scrubs" to ABC?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think Reynolds is the best choice these days. Five years ago I would have said Lee, but I'm thinking he might be getting a little too old now, because this is supposed to be a younger version than the Chevy Chase Fletch, right?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The Will Smith thing reminds of me when television made a for-tv movie from one of a series of books that are my guilty pleasure. Main character is a white -- extremely white -- blue-eyed Minnesota cop. So, they make the movie and cast as the lead: ER's Eriq LaSalle.
    My reax: WTF?
    Oh, and the movie sucked, too.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Reynolds is definitely a good choice. Have any other names been mentioned?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Reynolds has never been in anything entertaining.

5. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

What's even more puzzling is why, with around a dozen excellent novels in the Fletch series to work with, they decided to make up their own really lame plot. McDonald being involved certainly would've helped the sequel, but using Confess, Fletch for the script's basis would've helped a lot more.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually really enjoyed "Two Guys and a Girl" which I thought was way underrated...

I thought "Van Wilder" was hilarious as well...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Plus, he's decidedly hot. :D

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you want to get a guy who looks like he could pass for a young Chevy Chase, and I know sj'ers will disagree, but Adam Samberg. He could pull off the role.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't it Andy Samberg and no he couldn't...

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, it's Andy Samberg, and he could. When I look at him I see a potential young Chevy Chase.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

According to IMDB:

Joshua Jackson Lands Fletch Role?
    Former Dawson's Creek actor Joshua Jackson has reportedly beaten some of Hollywood's biggest names to land the title role in Fletch Won. Jackson will play investigative reporter Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher, a part made famous by Chevy Chase in the 1985 comedy Fletch and its 1989 follow-up Fletch Lives, according to website Iesb.net. Among the actors previously linked to the role were Brad Pitt, Jason Lee, Ryan Reynolds and Zach Braff. Director Steve Pink has also signed up for the project, which was originally to be directed by Kevin Smith.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nooooooooo!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted