1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braff back for 7th season of Scrubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 6, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The other one is a quarter.

Yeah, that one was classic.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

What was The Janitor's line after that? Something like "I'm going to kill you."

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Na, I think his line is "Two guys wrapped your bike around a pole. One of them wasn't me."

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm actually really happy to see it's coming back again. I didn't expect it. It just seems all the plot lines are closing down and that there were a ton of clues as to this being the final season. Elliott's going to get with whats-his-face, Cox has a second kid, Turk and Carla have a kid and are slowing down.

And they really seem to be running out of ideas. You can really tell when they're trying too hard. I hate when they make JD overly gay. I know he's right on the fence, and that's part of the joke, and for the most part, I enjoy it. (me and my friends make "appletini" jokes every time we go to a bar) But they really go overboard with it sometimes. I think the show is best when that element is there, but not flaunted. Sometimes it seems they have a whole episode where he's nothing but super-duper gay, and it just feels like they're trying too hard at those times.

As for my fav episodes: This year's musical one was about the best I've ever seen. I didn't expect much (see above rant about "over gayness of JD") but it was dead on, totally perfect. I loved the episode where they have sexual harassment training. Cox has one complaint, someone else has one complaint and Todd has like 543 complaints. I loved the second episode too, where they play the Erasure "A little respect" song. I love a bunch of other episodes I can't remember now.

But, as someone else said, it really seems to be slowing down, going through the motions. The last episode was entirely a clips show ... to go from that to the news that they're renewing really shocks me.

Oh, and I don't know what the hell is going on with JD, and his baby's momma. Him having a baby would clearly change the show a whole lot, but if you're going to write that in, they sure chose a weird way to do it. They wrote it in, then seemed to have changed their minds and wrote it out again. That's fine -- I like JD as is -- but that's a weird line to walk. It's weird that she didn't tell him about it ... again, it all seemed to be building toward the end.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have a theory that in the series finale we will find out that JD is actually a patient in a psych ward and all of the other cast members are his caregivers.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I don't think JD is gay (he's laid too many women). I just think he's too, too sensitive/metro-sexual.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don't mean actually gay, just very gay-ish. Metro-sexual might be a better word, but do metro-sexuals like to hug as much as JD does?

Again — I find that stuff for the most part funny, but I don't like it when they overplay that card. Those tend to be my least favorite episodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted