1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braff back for 7th season of Scrubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's another thing about the show. People rag on Fraser or Heather Graham or Tara Reid all the time. But they come do Scrubs and they are really good. Especially Fraser. They really know how to get the best out of people.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most live-action half-hour comedies out there are horrible...

NBC's Thursday night lineup has the majority of the exceptions...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not only that but they get some pretty big name people as guest stars. Michael J. Fox, Julianne Margelies (sp), Tom Cavanagh, Jimmie Walker. :D

I missed the twist in the Fraser episode...cat jumped on the remote and when I got back the funeral was starting. Can't wait to catch that one in its enterity.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh and does anyone know the name of the episode in which J.D. and Carla got into a huge fight at the bus stop? I think it's from season one. I was thinking of that one the other night for some reason and I can't find it on the episode guide.

5. donnie23

donnie23 Member

There's the unfortunate small matter of its head-to-head competition with Grey's Anatomy and CSI. I love Scrubs with a devoted passion, but even I don't get to watch it live when the lady wants her Grey's fix.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I believe that it was "My Nickname"

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outstanding. That's on tonight on Comedy Central. Thanks!

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I always dug the ep (well, the opening more than anything else) with Colin Hay from Men at Work doing the acoustic version of "Overkill." Still sing it in the shower.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I watched my first episode of Scrubs during Season 4. I was hooked. Took to it instantly and couldn't believe I missed the first seasons. Season 3 had just came out on DVD then too, so I spent like two weeks at Blockbuster renting Seasons 1-3. Truly great comedy. I do think the show has fallen off slightly the past season and a half - ever so slightly. Sometimes Braff gets on my nerves, too.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Best part of the show?
    My vote:
    [​IMG]
    Great move never naming him, too. He's forever: The Janitor.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was absolutely outstanding. And Cox smashing the guitar at the end was classic.

I think the most haunting use of a song was the otherwise interminable Coldplay at the end of the episode where the kindly elderly patient touches her mouth after shaking hands with the dumbass intern. Life will guide you home...and you know she's doomed.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I read recently that Bill Lawrence thought the show would be cancelled after one season so he planned to make The Janitor a figment of J.D.'s imagination. How great would that have been?

The episode where The Janitor and his buddy are stumped over the 30 cent riddle--two coins combine to make 30 cents and one is not a quarter--cracked me up.

Draft saved Draft deleted