1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braff back for 7th season of Scrubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

good news. don't watch it as much as i use to, but it's still good tv.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/06/television.scrubs.reut/index.html

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Scrubs is only getting 6.9M when it's sandwiched between The Office and 30 Rock?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Scrubs has been about the least impactful long-running show, it seems.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Is McGinley still on?

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

NBC's had a lot to do with it, dicking around with late-season and mid-season starts, moving its time slots (what? four times now?).

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's a terrific show that's never been a build-around show. i'm glad it's sticking around.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I think it's been nominated for a best-comedy Emmy, but never won.

McGinley has never even been nominated.

Absolute joke on both counts.

When this show is clicking, I have rarely laughed more in 30 minutes, and that includes all of the great comedies of the past (WKRP, Cheers, Seinfeld, Friends). That said, you have to appreciate the style of humor this show offers, which is atypical for a sitcom.

And yes, this is yet another show (paging BYH) that NBC has not treated well.

Glad to hear it will be back.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

For a network that has constantly screwed up the placement of the show (juggling time slots), I'm surprised they're dishing out this kind of money.

9. dooley_womack1

Rossi, that's a sick tagline gif.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

According to Jim.
    Mad About You.

Has to be more of these kind of shows which were less impactful (sounds like a made-up word :)) than Scrubs.

11. dooley_womack1

Mad About You? No way! It was a big part of Must-See TV for several years. According to Jim? Close, but not quite.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Hey, I watched Mad About You as well (as I do Scrubs) ... but I'm not sure it was "impactful" in as much as it was paired with Seinfeld.

I'd love to know how According to Jim has been more "impactful" than Scrubs. Hell, I'd just like to know how the hell it's been on this long.

Draft saved Draft deleted