1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady's Big Bucks not making many Cleveland fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 23, 2007.

1. brady's marketing guy said newspaper ads clearly indicated that autographs wouldn't be free and said a price list was posted at the appearance

but doesn't indicate the prices were listed in the ads

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13739336/detail.html

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome to Cleveland, Brady Quinn... that's strike one...

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Hey, but some of the proceeds were for charity... just not the autograph money:
    http://www.cgauthentics.com/brady%20quinn%20page.htm

$119 for his sig on a mini-helmet, $99 on an 8x10. Looking at the HOF Enshrinement Weekend signings, most of those guys aren't asking for that kind of coin.

So.... call me when Quinn gets measured for his bust in Canton. Till then, think I'll pass.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

:D

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I like your version better.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

:D Hating on ND is one of my requirements
    But come on now, what the hell are you thinking Brady? You're lucky you even got your overrated butt into this situation(drafted in the 1st round/has a good chance of starting). Now you're on the verge of holding out and charging people for autographs?

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

SCORE!! A T-shirt with Scott Padgett's autograph! I do remember playing pickup ball with Padgett a George Rogers Clark Park when he was in high school and him swatting my jumper about 20 miles away. Horse faced prick.

And F a bunch of paying for a Brady Quinn autograph. What a freakin' clown. But you know there are some hard core Browns and ND fans that will shell out the cash, chumps.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, I am waiting for the day this franchise steps up and challenges in the North. They have what seems to be a great draft every year, but they just never make the jump so to speak.

Maybe this is a sign thatthe trend is continuing.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, I'll put something good up here about an athlete an autographs.

My library is in Robert Smith's hometown (the Viking RB, not the singer), and a couple years ago he published his biography. He came to the library to do a book signing and Q&A. Didn't ask a dime. We had about 250 people show up, one of our biggest crowds ever. Originally we asked that people who bought the book go through the line first and then anyone with anything extra to sign go through afterwards. Well, didn't quite work out that way as everyone just lined up with everything they had.

But Robert signed everything, we sold all but two of the books we had bought, and we got him out a few minutes early. Couldn't have been a better experience. Only heard one complaint later, and it was a guy who wanted a refund on his book; I think he just didn't like it.

But Brady Quinn's a douche!

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh, and as for Brady Quinn, a month or so ago Gary Baxter had a charity bowling event downtown and several of the Browns were there. I live right across the street and happened to be walking down the street to my bank to deposit a check. I realized I didn't have a pen on me and went up to one of the valets right outside the bowling event to borrow a pen.

As I was signing my check, Brady walked out of the place. There were about five Browns fanboys waiting outside hoping for autographs. But Brady walked right past and jumped into a Hummer with no license plate. Maybe if they had $100 he would have signed something.

12. I guess that means the fine fans of Cleveland will not forget about this. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted