1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady vs. Manning, Colts-Patriots thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Nov 9, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Guess you don't have much confidence in the greatest QB in the NFL who is leading an undefeated team. That says a lot about what you really think about Manning.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, it says a lot about what I think about the Colts roster, health and what it takes to win in the playoffs.

But you are too much of a dumbass to figure that out so you'll continue down this road to failure, chief.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I thought a good quarterback could win at least one playoff game. Isn't that what you said? If that's the case, how do you explain the Colts choking in the first round the last two years? If Manning is so great, couldn't he at least win an opening-round playoff game at home? Couldn't he at least beat an 8-8 team? Couldn't he?

4. zagoshe

No, that's not what I said, but nice try, chief.

And the Colts were physically manhandled by the Chargers, Chief, and the only reason they were in the game, chief, is because Peyton Manning, chief, kept them in it, chief.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You are awesome, zag. Please keep it up. What a fool.

6. zagoshe

Ok, Chief!!!

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Re: Donald Brown. He's not being used much now because he's hurt.

As for the SD playoff games, heck even the regular season, the Colts could not figure out how to stop Darren Sproles. Also, I believe one those games the Colts receivers couldn't catch the clap, including a last-chance, fourth-down pass clanging off Dallas Clark's hands when he was wide open.

8. zagoshe

Is Donald Brown out for the season?

That is a big blow, too.

I like that dude, he runs hard.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Manning is putting up huge numbers now because the Colts are utterly one-dimensional on offense. Granted, its a helluva dimension, but their running game absolutely blows right now. Addai looks done and Brown is hurt.

Manning helps the Colts squeak out games against average-to-mediocre competition (see Jaguars, 49ers, Texans), we'll see if the Colts can continue to live dangerously in the playoffs.

10. zagoshe

They can't, that's the point - you can't win in the playoffs if you are one-dimensional and can't stop the run.

Will they get Brown back?

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think he is out for the season.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Brown might play Sunday. Jim Caldwell says he'll announce Wednesday whether he's ready, rather than pull a Mangini and not tell anyone who his starting running back will be.

Draft saved Draft deleted