1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady vs. Manning, Colts-Patriots thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Nov 9, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some of us complain about threads we think are unnecessary. Others just poke a little fun at them.

Relax Bob. Just having a little fun with you.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not only is Marlin Jackson, but Kelvin Hayden is out, too. Brady gets to throw against two rookie corners. And no Bob Sanders. And no Tyjuan Hagler (hey, he was a starter). Guaranteed that Manning isn't going to try the quick snaps he did early against Houston, because he's going to need to eat up as much clock as possible.

OOP, I can't be more relaxed with my pants on as I am right now.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That may be a bit more than I needed to know, but good to hear it.

4. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

95-12, if you're really curious

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Manning is the better quarterback by a country mile. During most of their careers, Brady has had the better team and the better coach.

I'm not a Colts fan, but I'm just praying that someone other than the Pats or Steelers make the Super Bowl. I'm so sick of both of those teams.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Brady has had the better coach and maybe better special teams but the Colts have had a solid defense for years and Peyton Manning has always had some great offensive options.

Years ago, when Brady was owning Manning ... Peyton had Edgerin James, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. Brady had Kevin Faulk and Troy Brown.

Don't let recent memory fool you. When Brady got Welker, Maroney and Moss he clearly had the better team, but it wasn't always like that. He also lost Vanderjagt and a ton of defenders and assistant coaches to all sorts of places.

I'm not certain that the Patriots had the best team each year. That's what was great about the first few championships, they did it with role players.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

2001 Roster:

Brady, Faulk, Antwain Smith, Terry Glenn, Troy Brown, David Patten, Charles Johnson, Curtis Jackson. If that's not the worst damn offense to win a Super Bowl, I don't know what is.

Meanwhile in Indy,

Manning, Edgerin James, Dominic Rhodes, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Jerome Pathon, Ken Dilger, Marcus Pollard.

I think we can agree who had the better offense that year.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Edge was good for one critical fumble every game against the Pats . . . and could never get the 1-2 yards needed on critical third or fourth downs.

Harrison never accomplished squat in any playoff game beyond the first round and acted like the football was toxic in cold-weather games in New England.

So much for that "advantage."

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's not Brady's fault the Colts put together a team to soft to beat the Patriots.

And how about the last two years? Can you give me the company line for choking against the Chargers twice? Obviously, you can't use cold weather as an excuse since one game was played indoors and one was played in San Diego.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true delusional Steelers fanboy.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Who said it was anybody's FAULT? I swear, I see that response so often ("It's not XXXX's fault ..."), and I have no idea where it comes from.

When a defensive stop HAD to be made, they couldn't make it. And they never will be able to make it as long as 75% of their money is spent on offense and Bob Sanders misses 70% of the team's games.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was arguing that Manning had a better team.

You came in and gave examples of how Indy played poorly against the Pats.

So what Edge fumbled and Harrison didn't play well? The Colts still had a better team for years.

Now that the Patriots offense is explosive, the defense has taken a step back. Meanwhile, the Colts defense has stepped up.

Draft saved Draft deleted