1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady Quinn on Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Still on NFL.com which is where I came across it via twitter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a1b9ed/article/tim-tebow-on-notre-dame-new-york-beating-the-jets?campaign=Twitter_tebow_rosenthal

2. I think it's a HUUUUUGE stretch to call that story controversial.

But Ok.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but consider the source.

Tim Tebow would consider a story about him drinking chocolate milk to be a potential stain on his pristine image.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is why I oppose the idea of "journalism" at team-owned websites: A big part of good reporting is standing up for it, and so many of these sites cower in the face of controversy. I don't blame them, but I think their mission statements need to be clearer.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think it's controversial at all. But I'm sure the comments made a few fanboards explode and UF's official site wanted nothing to do with it.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would bet just about anything that Tebow had nothing to do with the story being taken down.

7. Dick Whitman

The Notre Dame board went into Defcom 5.

8. Dick Whitman

I bet you're right. I bet Notre Dame's sports information office made a call.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Tebow may have had nothing to do with the story coming down but I bet his agent, PR firm or father called and had it removed.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No doubt that when the story hit NFL.com via tweet from Greg Rosenthal there was no turning back.

They can take it down on Gator Nation but I bet most viewed it on NFL.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted