1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady Quinn on Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trying to get in front of the camera?

The guy can't win. The media demand for him is enormous. If he wasn't so generous with the media, people would complain about that instead.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, this isn't "people." It's the guy he leapfrogged on the depth chart. I don't quite recall Brady Quinn being camera-shy when he was on every other billboard before he had taken an NFL snap.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Quinn's a fraud.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Now he's done.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I never really saw Tebow as "trying to get in front of the camera"

He's the starting QB, the camera is going to find him.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . not to mention asking $75 for autographed photos, even when he was in the infant stage of Being Nothing.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Was Brady Quinn really ever on billboards? I ask genuinely, because I can't remember him ever having a big presence in the media. I may have seen him in an EAS commercial once, but that's about all I can remember of him.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eh, that's nothing new. Tommie Frazier once held an autograph signing at a nearby mall and charged $75 a pop and he never played a down in the NFL. Thankfully, I did not spring for it.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I never got the sense that Tebow was flaunting his religion or pushing it on anyone. I think he answered a lot of questions honestly about it, but it didn't seem like Kurt Warner in 1999 who couldn't answer the simplest question without making a Jesus reference.

Most teams have prayer circles at the end of games.

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Brady Quinn was an EAS pitchman coming out of college. Edit to add: Wow, you already noted that. Sorry.

But I do recall the commercials being sort of everywhere. But I don't think Quinn was ever a big enough name to demand much more than a few ads for a relatively obscure sports nutrition company.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If you're looking to get out of your contract in Denver, jumping Tebow would be the way to do it. Maybe Brady Quinn isn't such a dumbass after all.

Still can't play, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted