1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady! Brady! Brady! (or, will Subway and MetRx's poster boy pay off?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 3, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Horrible, but the game's over 10 minutes earlier if Braylon catches that pass.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Maybe I should get me some of that Myoplex

3. amraeder

Back to Anderson -- I really wish I could have seen some of the Browns games in person, because what I really want to know is how he was reading the defenses, and that's so much easier to tell when you can see the whole field.
    But I never got the sense he was doing a good job reading the coverage and knowing who his open man was going to be. Anyone have better insight to this than I do?

4. amraeder

And I'll just add my third post in a row because I'm cool like that:

When Anderson has time to throw, man can he throw.
    When he's under pressure, eh, not so much. Well, since none of his wideouts are apparently capable of catching a pass with their toes.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I always thought last year he got away with quite a few mistakes, for one reason or another. Things like interceptions that were dropped, or guys like Edwards and Winslow making tough catches on passes a lot of QBs wouldn't have thrown.

There's also some sentiment that whenever a game has mattered, Anderson has folded under pressure. Last year's game against Cincinnati in week 16, which was basically win and they're in, is an example of that. The game against Washington, which would have put them at 3-3 and back in the playoff mix was another example. Games that Anderson has done well in have generally been games where a lot wasn't expected.

Then again, Braylon Edwards should be giving about half of his check to Derek. Good lord has that guy been a bust and a half this year. When Syndrick Steptoe and Steve Sanders are your 2nd and 3rd receivers (Sanders going from practice squad to 3rd receiver in the span of 5 minutes) you're also not getting much help.

6. amraeder

I will not stand idly by while people take potshots at the good name of Syndrick Steptoe :)

7. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Wasn't it the second-to-last game when the Browns lost that game to the Bengals?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That many muscles are kinda gross. . .

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yep. He said Week 16, not Game 16. Counting the bye week, there are 17 weeks.

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

It was incredible the roller coaster of emotions that we experienced in the stadium yesterday.

I don't think going to Quinn now is a good idea, I also think DA is the least of the Browns problems. He's a problem, but so is the bad defense, bad receivers and a team that lacks that "killer instinct."

11. amraeder

But, I mean, they gotta see what they have with Brady at SOME point, right? So when's the better time?

12. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Of all the weeks to pull the trigger this is the worst -- short week and a nationally televised game. If anything they should have waited until after this game to give Quinn a full week to prepare plus a few extra days. The only positive for Quinn is that the Broncos D is beyond wretched.

Draft saved Draft deleted