1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bradley to have interim tag removed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pastor, May 15, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

TheOffsideRules Blog

With a potential press conference to be held tomorrow at the Times Square Marriott, I am feeling pretty good about the decision.

I, along with the blogger, am hoping that Sunil Gulati has decided to come to his senses on this and not make the decision based on some Euro-hopefulls turning the gig down. Bradley deserves this and needs the tag removed so that he can proceed in the development of this team; his team.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Almost time to change the sig Pastor!

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I shall happily do so!

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Damn I thought this was going to be a thread about Joe Paterno retiring.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummmmm, what sport are we referring to?

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yeah. I guess it is somewhat confusing. Having a link to more information and a quote listing the team really just isn't good enough.

::)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yeah... saying he'll coach the "U.S. National team" and a link to "The OFfSides Rules Blog" should have been obvious to me what the exact sport was... my bad.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I have a photo of the guy in my avatar with a note at the time saying "leading the charge... in the interim." I placed the name Sunil Gulati in my post (the president of US Soccer). Had you clicked on the link you would have seen another photo of Bradley and further soccer information. There is a mention of "Euro-hopefuls."

Seriously, how many much bloody information does someone need? Normally you are just fine Slappy, but your post about "what sport is this" was rather dickheaded.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

the one word, soccer, would have sufficed.
    Instead, you choose to pull a bootsian tantrum, because I didn't click on a link or know who Sunil Gulati was.
    Not everyone fellates soccer. It was a simple question that could have been resolved with a simple answer. I didn't realize that was too much to ask. And I'm the dickhead....

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Getting this back on track: Excellent news, excellent decision.

U.S. soccer president Sunil Gulati seemed determined to please the idiot fanboys who think a foreign coach is automatically better than an American. But he made the right call here. Bradley is an excellent coach, and yes, good with the press and aware of the necessity of selling the game.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Good for The Bob. He was the best choice.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you. It's all I asked.

Draft saved Draft deleted