1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bradenton (FL) sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by OrangeGrad, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Is this a writing gig? Or is there page designing and other duties required?

2. LemMan

LemMan Member

No page design and/or desk work. You may answer the occasional prep call on a busy night, but this job is 99.9 percent writing.

3. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Member

What kind of experience level they looking for here? Are they in a rush to hire?

4. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

So Simpson was the winner of the Bradenton SE sweepstakes during the summer. I know he was a college writer somewhere in the Southeast a few years back. Was he the SE in Stockton, or is this his first editing gig?

5. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

What's the area like, as far as cost-of-living goes? Is there a decent-sized pop that don't carry AARP cards?

6. Cadet, did you miss the three posts ahead of yours that mentioned the academies, not to mention it's discussed in the job ad?

7. joe

joe Active Member

I don't know what they offer reporters, but last year they offered me $7,000 less than SoCal for a design/editing job. I went to SoCal.

8. WrIIter

WrIIter Guest

Did someone leave or was this position just created?

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

IMG is loaded with ripe stories. Too much of a confluence of elite-level talent not to keep a local writer very busy. Seems like a good opportunity for sure.

10. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

I've heard some grumblings about a nasty exit by their Bucs writer. As in, he was demoted after years of service and eventually quit. Anyone know this for certain?

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I started the Florida portion of my career at the Herald in 1978 and worked there a year before going to Clearwater.

I can say I liked living in the area. Some good restaurants, Longboat Key, etc.

12. WrIIter

WrIIter Guest

What would a Bucs beat writer have to do with this job?

Is covering the Bucs involved?

Draft saved Draft deleted