1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bracketology on crack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

http://bracketproject.atspace.com/comparison.htm

Aggregate of all the bracket projections, updated with new entries as they come in. Some are sketchier than others, but it's all in good fun.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Most of those lists were likely done before Wisconsin lost at Indiana, though.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't update those lists every day, either, for obvious reasons.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bracketproject.com helped create discussion fuel for a thread on SportsJournalists.com and will do so for the next 5 weeks. They've already succeeded in their mission.

Butler at 4 seems a smidge high, and Arkansas as a 10 seems a bit low.

5. God love the internets.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Butler has a 5-0 record against the RPI top 50.
    Florida is 3-2.
    Perhaps Butler should be a 1.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'll stick with the regular Bracketology, which seems to be more solid than the site in question.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Your number 1's..........assuming there are no colossal upsets between now and then

Florida

North Carolina

Oregon (assuming they dispatch of UCLA this weekend.)

Kansas

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The site says teams in all caps are auto bids. So why are OREGON and UCLA both capitalized? </spup> :)

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's one of the sites used for this one. Also, I used to check Lunardi's bracketology religiously, but after seeing him on TV he's too smug and arrogant for my tastes.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Why does Lunardi get more credibility? Just a guess, but I'd say if he just because he's with ESPN. I respect the opinions of Jerry Palm a heck of a lot more. If Lunardi was working for another Web site, you'd barely know him.

12. WSKY

WSKY Member

This is good for discussion, but there's no way this ever works out as projected.

Draft saved Draft deleted