1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boys playing on girls field hockey teams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

1. I don't believe you. Especially since you basically admitted it yesterday or the day before.
    2. If you don't like my criticism of your posts, get over it.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The competitive advantage thing is the reason they divide football basket baseball soccer lacrosse bowling golf tennis ...into age groups. Why not allow a 15 year olds play basketball against 12 year olds?

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't care if you believe me or not. If the moderators tell me to stop, I'll stop. Until then fuck you.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm glad we understand each other.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Do they make the field hockey boys wear those cute little skirts as part of the uniform?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Public high schools in Georgia (and four other states, I saw somewhere) now can offer flag football as a girls sport. The trial in a few counties seems to have been very popular, and the Falcons are supporting it financially. I assume that girls at schools that offer flag football would not be allowed to play on the boys football team.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cicadas are assholes.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There currently is some type of litigation going on in Massachusetts to get boys out of field hockey.

There is only a one team with two boys and that team is like 18-0 with 178 goals scored and like three allowed.

There is another team getting boys on their team to face them in the playoffs so they have a chance.

So much for the couple hundred girls who wanted a decent, competitive high school league.

12. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Have the boys scored all 178 goals? Is one of them the goalie?

Come on. This is the nature of high school sports. We've all covered teams that had dominant players. And it happens organically, too. There's the girls soccer team with a half dozen Division I players who have played together since they were five. There's the boys basketball team with a couple high major prospects who were running older players off the playground parks by the time they were 12, or the baseball team with three dominant pitchers going to SEC schools.

If a team is that dominant in a sport like field hockey, chances are it's not just the dudes who are good. Odds are their female teammates kick ass on their own and the only difference is the margin of the curb-stomping.

Draft saved Draft deleted