1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boycott Bud!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Boycott Budweiser!

Well, not really. I will drink a cold Bud in a pinch, especially from a longneck bottle, but it's not my beer of choice and I've had maybe 2 or 3 at the most in the past year, so the same to the Belgian guys won't change my life.

Just hate to see another American company sold to foreign interests, which will lead to the loss of jobs here as they make the company "leaner and more efficient," their statements to the contrary notwithstanding.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Hey!

Don't boycott me!!! ;D

I've done nothing wrong, maybe pissed off a couple of people.... but...

Oh wait, never mind. :D ;D

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Be glad to boycott Bud.

And any other beers that taste closer to water than say, beer.

Unfortunately, I won't extend said boycott to Stella.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've already been boycotting Anheuser-Bush products for 35 years. It has more to do with the fact that the company believes rice is a good ingredient for beer. It does have a lighter, fresher taste, of course, but so does water.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wouldn't drink it with your taste buds, so nothing to boycott. When they announced the deal, though, didn't they say they are not moving operations from St. Louis, and all of the breweries are staying here? I thought they made the statement preemptively because of political pressure they were getting about potentially merging with a foreign corp.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Did you ever think you'd see the day that Budweiser is an IMPORT!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's not. Neither are Miller products, despite being owned by a company based in London.

And if you're concerned about InBev cutting jobs in the USA, then why are you not drinking the product? Wouldn't that result in even more jobs lost?

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Busch Stadium is going to keep its name, apparently.

We had a thread several weeks ago talking about foreign interests buying US real estate, and it seems like there was mention that the Dutch were the foreign countrymen who owned the most of it. First, our land, now, our beer. What's next?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

About a year from now, our webmaster will be Pim Koymans, not Lucas Wiseman.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And American said it wouldn't reduce service in St. Louis when it bought TWA.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Right up there with "We have complete confidence in our manager"

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Gonna be tough if you start boycotting ALL the things owned by foreigners.

Draft saved Draft deleted