1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

boy playing field hockey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 12, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Does he wear a skirt? That would invite enough mocking for a lifetime.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The teeny-penis brigade is out in force, cheering on a mighty manly man who dares to slap women around at their own game.

If I were an opposing coach, I'd tell my team to make sure he didn't make it to halftime. Then, he could go join the girls' glee club to sing soprano for the Holiday Concert.

As far as all the emotionally-vulnerable boys being victimized by the evil girls playing football and wrestling, the solution is simple: Beat them. Kick their asses. If you can do it, whoopee for you. If not, then STFU for you.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And, dude, the answer to the girls is the same. Stop him. Or STFU.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What's the big deal about a boy playing field hockey?
    One or two teams in Pennsylvania's District 1 had a boy on their teams 6-7 years ago.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The big deal in this case (or at least what some people think is the big deal) is that the kid was the league's MVP.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Imagine the reaction if a football coach told his boys to make sure that girl playing for the other team doesn't make it to halftime. He'd be fired and either up on charges or the subject of a lawsuit.

This stuff all works both ways.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Really? I think runners are hot.

But we'd never work out, BYH, I'm the only person on the planet who looks forward to watching/covering field hockey.

It's okay that a boy plays field hockey. Hell, maybe in a couple years there will be men's field hockey. There is in the Olympics.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

One of the best quotes I didn't use was in a feature about a field hockey player, one of the sweetest and best-looking female athletes I ever interviewed. It was 20 years ago, so I don't remember it verbatim, but it went something like this.

Q: Field hockey looks really rough. What's the worst thing you've seen or heard during a game?
    A: Well, there was this time I hit this girl from (some other team) in the ankle with my stick, and I heard her ankle break. (Pause.) I wish I could say it was an accident.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey baby. What's going on? Send me your email so I can send you photos of the 17-year-old me in action from my high school yearbook. :D :D

It's too bad we don't work together. I'd exploit your fondness for field hockey like you wouldn't believe.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Women's Sports Foundation needs to "grow a pair" and back off that idiocy. Girls can do it but boys can't?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Different team, but:

[​IMG]

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yep. Girls = boys, but boys are not equal to girls. Or something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted