1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boy Killed While Playing 500

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

We had the classic, and self-explanatory, kill the kid with the ball at recess. I can at least understand why that game was outlawed by teachers. It was almost impossible for someone not to end up with a bloody nose or some other injury.

Going back a little further in the day, one of the sneaky, dangerous games I remember was Red Rover. It seemed innocent enough, but you'd usually see a shoulder hurt trying to hold on too hard or someone would catch a clothesline.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

How about Red Rocket? That a popular game out in Colorado.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I can't even begin to tell you how much is wrong with that question.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, I suppose it's not the most PC of titles. But as 8-year olds in the early 90s, that wasn't a concern of ours. In fact, I don't think I knew what queer meant -- the new definition. My guess is most of us didn't. We didn't learn that until fourth grade.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Hey ... we played Cowboys & Indians and ate N-word Toes.

6. I was an AMERICAN KID, pal, and we ate pansy Canucks like you for breakfast.
    We played Catch-The-Flaming-Stick with our bare hands, and chased down bears in packs like wild dogs.
    So watch it.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to play Cowboys and Indians, but later turned it into Super Mario Brothers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; the hardest part was convincing a girl to be April O'Neil or Princess Toadstool.

And I have never heard of those toes.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You eat Pansy Canucks for breakfast?

Damn. It doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Couldn't you have said "Pieces of shit"?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I was eventually told they should be called macaroons.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

No. He wasn't talking about Americans.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fair enough. And macaroons look absolutely nothing like a black toe, unless they're chocolate or have gone terribly bad. Even still, it's a definite stretch.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Macaroons ... chocolate and coconut. Whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.