1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boxing writers/aficianados?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Aug 31, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm looking into doing a profile on a local retired boxer, and I've found some general info online, but I'm looking for some other boxing sources, human or otherwise. The guy wasn't a big name, but he fought a handful of the name heavyweights in the late '80s and early '90s, including George Foreman during one of his comebacks. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You've probably seen this but www.boxrec.com is indispensable.

3. ringer

ringer Active Member

I'd try calling some guys at The Ring magazine. It's a great archival source and they can probably lead you to some experts.

Try: 215-461-0583 (Pennsylvania)

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I will try that. Thanks.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Who is the guy?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm bumping this because someone on here pm'd me with the name of Lee Groves, who tunred out to be quite helpful and quite the nice guy. I'm horrible at pruning my PMs, so as I search for the poster in question, I'm hoping he/she will notice this and I can give my proper thanks and appreciation.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Do you ever use a sledgehammer?"

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Lee is a good friend of mine. He knows his stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted