1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bowling history in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jan 22, 2011.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon, came across this and it was train-wreck TV. Just couldn't change the channel ...

A few other high-profile athletes could take a lesson from this guy on how to handle a bad day at the office with class, humor and dignity.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same here. It was wild to watch. Had he been alive, would have been great to have Chris Schenkel on the play-by-pin call.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If I had to pick one of the scores to bowl, I'd take the 100 over the 299 every time. Granted it's a semifinal, and its the PBA so who really cares, but I'd rather chunk a driver than come within an inch of a hole in one.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

As someone with a high game of 298, I can somewhat agree with that. However, I now know that a 300 is possible for me at some point.

One big difference ... me shooting a 300 would be like getting a hole-in-one at the local muni. A PBA player shooting a 300 in a major event is like getting a hole-in-one during the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Schenkel:

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mark it dude.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Among my top five sports moments is when Jim Stefanich rolled a 300 game on ABC back around 1973. Watched with my dad, who rolled a 290 once.

Draft saved Draft deleted