1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bowl-eligible, yet should stay home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Slappy's right on. A South Carolina win over Clemson, giving them 7 wins, likely sends the Cringing Tide to Detroit to face a MAC team. A game Bama will in all likelihood lose.

Just decline the damn invitation. Don't even risk finishing 6-7. Take your .500 record and wait till spring practice.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Motor City Bowl people would be ecstatic. No one else would care.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll second Purdue. They are an insult to good football.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How about the Seminoles vs. the Chippewas?
    Maybe the sound you'll hear is Myles Brand's head exploding...

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

With a guest performance from Chief Illiniwek at halftime.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If Myles Brand doesn't like it, the NCAA can always Sioux.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

featuring the band spectacular from the Ypsilanti Braves, the Brother Rice Warriors, Tecumseh Indians, Chippewa valley Big Reds, Fennville Blackhawks, Okemos Chieftains, Morley-Stanwood Mohawks, Grosse Ile Red Devils, Paw Paw Redskins, and the Eastern Michigan University Huron alumni....

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sioux Who?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I graduated from Pitt and I dont even wanna see 'em in a bowl, especially if they end on a five game losing streak. A 6-6 Pitt will be lucky to travel 1,000 to Detroit. Palko and Revis are gamers, but thats about the extent of it. They have a defense that couldn't stop you, me and nine other drunks running the football. They have an o-line that was brought in by Harris to pass block and cant pass block.

10. The Commish

The Commish Guest

I'll third the Gophers. Half of their wins: That barn-burner with D-IAA North Dakota State, along with wins over Kent State and Temple.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

All 66 or 68 of them can stay home for all I care.

If not, I'll go with Kentucky. Every quality team it's played has run through them like grain through a goose. And, as Freelance Hack said, Saturday's "great character" 42-40 win was a friggin' joke.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Claude, don't forget the JV Holiday Bowl (Poinsettia?) either. They'll take a Pac-10 team like Arizona or UCLA just to sell some tickets.

Draft saved Draft deleted