1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bowl announcement running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 7, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering the Insight Bowl is shown on the NFL Network - they should just rename that bowl the OuttaSight Bowl.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's ridiculous that Ohio State (and not Texas Tech) is in the BCS.

Complete shit.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

All of this conjecture bullshit is one reason why I truly enjoy college basketball.

Translation: I don't care. Just give me a good game. And when ya'll wake up, give me some sort of a playoff.

PS: FOX sucks.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

At least with ESPN's show you'll get more than 5 minutes of analysis and discussion about the BCS title game matchup, and you can always turn it off when you want.

5. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Can you blame the Alamo Bowl? MU fans didn't travel well to Kansas City.

They ain't traveling to San Antonio.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Alabama's in the Sugar Bowl (against Utah), so that means Florida's in the title game. Texas in the Fiesta (against Ohio State), so it's Oklahoma against Florida.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Except for the money, which since I don't get I don't care about, what's the big whoop about a BCS bowl as opposed to playing a good team in a competitive game that will entertain ME! I'll watch Texas Tech-Ole Miss. I might watch Texas' first two TDs against Ohio State, but since that will leave 53 minutes of the game remaining, the rest of my evening will be free.

8. Right now, Tech and the Rebels is the only must-see TV, outside of The Big Game, which may well be much too Tebowed for me to enjoy.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This is the worst fucking group ever assembled in a studio.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Boise-TCU is up there

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Congrats to those covering Ole Miss & Texas Tech. The Cotton Bowl should treat you very well.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Tech will mutilate my poor Johnny Rebs.

Draft saved Draft deleted