1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bourne Ultimatium plot questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Aug 5, 2007.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

The Bourne Ultimatum is a damn good movie and the previous 2 flicks were also excellent movies. However, as an avowed Plot Nazi, I’ve got a couple of questions for the SJers about the B.U.

1. After Bourne kills the asset in Tangier, they fake out HQ by sending a message on the asset’s cell that Bourne and Nikki have been terminated. The DepSec (Straithairn) asks for positive IDs on the bodies. Soon after, there’s a scene where he reports to The Boss (Scott Glenn) that Bourne and Nikki are dead, bodies ID’d. Then there’s a scene where someone tells the DepSec that the body (only one body, not two) has been ID’d as the asset.

2. Near the end, Bourne is in the DepSec’s office, calls him on his cell and records his voice. He then uses the recording to access the safe with the top secret docs. However, the safe also required a thumb print. How’d he do that?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1. The DepSec was doing some CYA in telling Boss that. Plus, it was a swerve on Landy so she'd be off the scent if Bourne was still alive.

2. He used some Scotch tape to lift the fingerprint and use it on the safe.

My biggest complaint with the movie was the sound effects with one of the pistols. Bourne raises it at the training officer there at the end and you hear a cocking sound. Problem was, the pistol was a Glock and wouldn't make that sound since there's not a hammer to pull back.

Also, in one scene Bourne is holding a Glock. After a cut, he's holding a Sig Sauer.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I loved the movie, but would love to know how the asset who chased Bourne through NYC knew to find him at 71st St.

And though Bourne was all cut up and scratched from the crash, the asset -- who appeared to be dying -- shows up looking like he just walked out of Barney's.

Agree?

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Agree.

In the other thread about the movie, that final scene "Why didn't you take the shot?" is explained by a poster saying the asset is the car crash is the one lining up Bourne. That did help to clear up the "Why didn't you take the shot?" question but it did seem a bit inplausible he was able to rejoin the chase so quickly.

Ah, well. It's only a movie.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

On the access to the safe: Bourne lifts a fingerprint from the guy's desk with tape and then affixes the tape to the scanning device. I'm not sure if this is feasible, but that's how he did it.

Draft saved Draft deleted