1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bought a car today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jun 27, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

2004 Honda Accord 4 door.

Decent mileage, body in good shape, etc.

Second vehicle I have bought from this place. All in all, a decent experience.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

ride it well. they are GREAT cars. 8) 8) 8)

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Congrats.

I'm still running my current ride into the groud. A 2000 Chrysler Cirrus with 185,000 KMs on it.

I'm tired of it.

My next is a hybrid of some sort.

4. HejiraHenry

They had a 2005 Altima, too, but it had obviously been driven harder than the Accord.

I've been driving a Civic and the Accord just felt more familiar, even though it's a bit bigger.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Congrats on the purchase!

I've got my fingers crossed that my current set of wheels lasts long enough for the price of hybrids to come down.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Congrats.

I need to buy a car. My mom's letting me drive her Aerostar, but at some point I have to get something. I was hoping my Jeep would last me another five-seven years. Obviously not. I hate the thought of having to make five-six more years of car payments, but I don't have a lot of choice in the matter unless my dad materializes after 33 years and makes up for lost time with an Escalade or something. But I'm not holding my breath.

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

I've come close to pulling the trigger on a couple car deals in the last year, but have held off so I could purchase a Honda Accord. All the research I've done says they're pretty much unbeatable.

I've never driven anything but a truck ('01 F-150), but I'm kinda excited about the possibilities of having a vehicle that doesn't fishtail all over the road when it's wet.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's what my dad did.

Well, almost.

Hadn't talked to him in almost 12 years, but he helped me get a huge-ass discount when I got my Cobalt. And I get everything I need for my car for free or pretty cheap. :D

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Did it look like this?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Um, wow.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. John

John Well-Known Member

I can see HH pimpin' out his ride.

12. HejiraHenry

I don't think so. I'll save that for when I can afford an Escalade, perhaps.

Draft saved Draft deleted