1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Both gun bills fail in the Senate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BenPoquette, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

How about it was simply the system working like it's supposed to?
    And who says it's "the best decisions for the constituents' livelihoods?" Do we need to be coddled, hands held and told what's good for us?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with this. The NRA is all in on preventing any type of "gun control" measure, no matter how rational.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you feel good about angry 20-year-old mentally ill loners having virtually unrestricted access to an array of firepower and ammunition, well then enjoy your victory.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There may not be a more paranoid group of people than gun owners.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And hey, the A in START stands for Arms. If the right to keep and bear arms isn't to be infringed, I assume it's OK for anyone to just purchase a nuclear warhead.

6. I need to fill out more paperwork to hold a yard sale in my municipality than it would take to buy a gun from a private seller.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As the saying goes, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Then I expect the "shall not be infringed" crowd to fight that legislation, as it's clearly unconstitutional.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yup. Of all the issues facing our country - deficits, cuts to social security and medicare, trying to fix education - the REAL issue Murrikkka today is trying get get Uncle Bob's pistol and two rifles. Small dicks, even smaller minds.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And what will the NRA do when something like this happens again? And again. And again.

After a while, they're going to look severely out of touch.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Does Giffords have a cogent policy point to make anywhere in the piece?

It seems like she just ran "I got shot" through the sentence thesaurus a few dozen times.

12. I think there's an asterisk in the Constitution that discusses how arms used for military purposes is exempt from the Second Amendment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.