1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Aug 31, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's a thread for that, Mister.

2. I'll third Giacomo's.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Radius is very expensive, special occasion expensive, but it's the best restaurant in Boston, it's downtown in the financial district.

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

I second Radius. Then walk to Finale for dessert.

7. BTW - stay away from Cheers - total tourist trap. If you are a sports fan you may want to check out The Fours which was voted recently the best sports pub in America. Then go down to Sullivans Tap down the street which is the real place to go before a game at the Garden.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Chris beat me to it. The only difference between Cheers and Fridays is Fridays doesn't sell Cheers swag.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll add my vote for anywhere in the North End for Italian.

You can't go wrong and there are so many funky little places, it's fun to just walk around until you find something that looks like you...

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I know everyone else has said it, but let me agree with it. And for desert, find Bova's for the best canoli you might ever have. It's off of Hanover Street, kind of hidden away, but it's a great place to get a canoli or buy a calzonne - by the pound.

http://boston.citysearch.com/profile/4725993

Also, The Fours is a great, great sports atmosphere.

http://boston.citysearch.com/profile/4726458

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Geez Fenian - Legal Seafoods ??? What next - the Hill Top or Polcari's?

Boston has some very good Oriental restaurants you might try .

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, the space that is open for a restaurant is on Sunday evening. I will be in Boston's Chinatown area on Monday for lunch before heading back home. I'm not too concerned about finding a good restaurant there. My wife will figure it out.

I do appreciate the recommendations. If there are more, keep them coming. I'll be printing them out along with maps and such.

I had no plan on going to Cheers. I assumed that it was a tourist trap. I will need a place to drink some as I always hit local bars. So, we'll see how The Fours and Sullivan's looks, thanks Chris.

Also, I'll add in, which bar is suggested before heading into Fenway Park?

Draft saved Draft deleted