1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston or New York

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Jul 1, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wow. If you were hanging out in Red Hook, you really have gone exploring! That neighborhood is changing by the day right now. It was a buried, ignored area that only had projects, even just a year or two ago. Now there are all these funky little restaurants and bars, although it still has a grungy feel. But a lot of the area still has the old cobblestone streets from the 1800s, which is cool. They just opened this huge supermarket there--Fairway. It is something like 34,000 square feet, which is ridiculously huge by NYC standards. It is an old pre-Civil War warehouse. Really cool looking from the outside. It's right on the water, and out back they have a cafe where you can sit on the water, with a view of NJ and the Statue of Liberty. It's right by where the cruise ships now dock. What's the name of your friend's place?

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

If I recall correctly, Pioneer BBQ. I could be wrong but that rang a bell when I tried to find the name just now.

3. The Big Ragu

Heh. I don't eat any meat, so I am not big on BBQ. But I'd go with friends who like BBQ, just to play horseshoes. I can just get liquored up, I suppose, and put dents in people's heads. I'll try to figure out where it is. Might check it out.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Now JERSEY I like! :)

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You're just saying that so I'll buy you a beer in Toronto. ;D

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nope, I'm saying it because I enjoyed my 10 hours in the state.

Except for the parking ticket I got (hi Crass!)

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ha! Crass forgot to tell you anywhere you park in that town is probably illegal!

9. The Big Ragu

OK. I know where that is. Grungy neighborhood, but really turning quickly. Right off the docks. Place looks like it might be fun.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude... fuerte, your dude's bar now has cornhole. i change my vote. definitely nyc now. cornhole rules

and crass never led me wrong in jersey... yet

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

There are many fine things about Jersey that only us natives know.

12. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

That's the place. It was good times. I'm pretty sure I hit a cat that was running freely out back with a horse shoe. Good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted