1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Area SJ.com Folk: Question For You

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Mar 24, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm planning on visiting some friends this weekend, but I won't have my car while it's in the shop with some problems that need to be tended to. I'll likely end up taking the bus from Concord, NH to Boston's South Station, and, if all else fails, probably just end up taking a taxi the 18-20 miles to my final destination. Anyone have a rough estimate of how much a taxi fare is going to run for something like that?

P.S. Final destination is in Higham, MA.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You can get it for free if you're familiar with "the book."

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I am not familar with "the book." Elaborate, please. ;D

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If you don't know the joke, then you haven't seen "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."

(NSFW)

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I had to watch about five seconds of that video to remember where that was going. Damn you, Rumple. :D

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Can't ya take the red line from South Station?

Might save ya from needing some mouthwash.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I can't remember off the top of my head how far the "T" runs. If the "T" runs all the way down to Hingham, I'm game.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It ends in Braintree.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Just looked it up. I can take the red line to Quincy Center then take the commuter rail to W. Hingham it seems.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I don't think I could ever take the T. Gives me the willies just thinking about it. [/rural area dude]

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I come from a very rural area where the nearest subway is Boston. It's really not that bad like it's made out to be on movies and in the news. Very rarely you'll see any creeps or suspicious people on there, anyway. All of the times I've been on the subway in Boston, it's been mostly business men/women, students going to class, people going to the Garden for whatever reason or Red Sox fans.

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I guess I'm also afraid of getting off on the wrong stop or this and that. I like the ability to drive myself around, but Boston traffic SUCKS.

Draft saved Draft deleted