1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boss

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The guy playing the reporter is very believable.

I don't mind the disease storyline. It adds vulnerability to Grammer's character and gives him a reason to reach out to his estranged wife and daughter.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Third episode was a bit more problematic for me. The nudity, while appreciated, is gratuitous and the relocation of the doctor was silly. I found my self only caring about the O'Hare thing

3. Mizzougrad96

You have a problem with Kathleen Robertson's nudity? :D

4. Webster

I wrote it was appreciated.

The hookers (while Kane gave a monologue) and the nurse were not plot relevant. I've read that they may be his hallucinations, but I'm not sure.

5. Mizzougrad96

I haven't watched episode 3 yet.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The hookers may have been hallucinations, but I'm sure the nurse was...when the camera pulls back, her pile of clothes is gone (so I'm assuming there was an equally subtle clue for the hookers).

Problematic? To say the least. It went from BBC/PBS quality in the first two episodes to Desperate Housewives/Gray's Anatomy silly in week 3.

The sitting governor storyline is shaky at best (using a surveillance camera to blackmail him is a reach, the idea that he'd have a staff of two is a joke.), the sex is appreciated by now equally hard to believe, and the doctor storyline is completely ridiculous now.

But I really liked the clothes washer scene. It was a nice anecdote about his life.

7. Webster

I thought that a governer secretly traveling to Florida repeatedly to raise money made no sense.

His comic relief is OK, but it needs to be in small doses. It seems a little sillly that the primary is so close and the young guy is now only starting to make ads and come on strong.

I think it is a short season (8 episodes?) so maybe that's the reason.

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Almost a month goes by without someone commenting on the show?!?! Still super TV for me, and Grammar's position gets more and more evil by the minute!

rb

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It elevated itself to greatness in the last episode. Evil at its finest.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think I posted a couple of weeks ago on another thread, not remembering that there was a Boss-specific one.

Funny how once they got rid of the badly written doctor storyline, the show really became grounded in reality, and really took off.

The last two episodes were great. No, actually, the last episode with the fuck-me twist at the end was the best single show I've seen on TV since the height of the Sopranos.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I just check in to see Kathleen naked.

I think she is my muse.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It is must-see TV taken to a new level.

Draft saved Draft deleted