1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boss

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone seen it? Thoughts?

Highlight of the first show was Kathleen Robertson (Claire of 90201) and her hallway quickie with a politician. She's looking outstanding. And if I ever had the chance, she could keep the glasses on.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree, on the show and Kathleen Robertson.

Spoiler alert.

Hondo, I watched the show and clearly missed the deal with the ears. I saw the guy bandaged at the party and saw him give Grammer the package, but I missed the context. I did't think that was related to Grammer going nuts on the guy in his office, but I wasn't sure.

This is what happens when I have to watch a show in four 15-minute blocks. :)

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The incident happened when the guy with the bandaged head was supervising the transfer of bodies from a cemetery to make room for an airport expansion in which the major and his cronies were raking in big bucks. The guy found some kind of Indian artifacts buried in the ground and went on TV and made a stink that they should halt the project because it had some kind of historical value. The mayor blistered some leader of the Hispanic community to get "his people in line." The result was the guy got his ears cut off and was so scared his sack might be next that he presented them in the nice gift box to the mayor.

4. Mizzougrad96

OK, now that makes perfect sense... Thanks...

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I will need to watch this STAT! Robertson was one of the few reasons to watch that show...yum!

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes you will, because there's about 10 good seconds of nudity. Just a flash, but enough to know it's her.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Not bad, got some of the little details right about how things work in municipal government and Kelsey G. rocked. That guy can chew up some scenery.

It was laughable the mayor would have someone drugged to send a "message."

I'll keep watching, for as long as U-Verse keeps giving me Starz for free.

8. Mizzougrad96

I hope people find this show. Not too many people get Starz. They had it available on demand for free through Dish and that was how I saw it.

9. This looks interesting .. But I haven't been too impressed with Starz shows. I tried to watch their version of Rome, but didn't care for it at all.

10. Mizzougrad96

I've never really thought that Grammer gets the respect he deserves since the only role he's had sustained success playing was the one that he did for 20 years.

If this show continues to be as good as the first one was, he'll get it.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Has anyone done glasses as well as Kathleen Robertson since Bailey on WKRP?

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Fantastic fucking show. Watched the debut that night, and have caught re-runs twice more this week. Every viewing brings nuance ...

If it keeps up this pace, it could be Mad Men-esque in its required viewing. And how about Starz for making it?

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted