1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boredom: The man who would be King...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I would be lying to say I planned that.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, you two get a room.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It was a thing of beauty.

4. dooley_womack1

At least more my speed. The tie-breaking post was giving me carpal tunnel. Any good cure for that, Versatile?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're at least 30,000 posts past the point where my traditional methods would work. Have you considered rhinoceros husbandry?

6. dooley_womack1

It'd be nice if the Politics thread actually started being about politics again. In the meantime, I'll sip a Liesl-style soft drink and take any questions that don't tend to out me or my depravities.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

All-time favorite SportsJournalists.com member?

8. dooley_womack1

Can't narrow it to one. Lugnuts is the board's smartest member and she always has a provoking take, and has been a friend. Slappy, Shottie, Liesl and Dangerously probably know the real me more than anyone else here, and it's nice to be able to vent to them. Hecht kinda has the same terse style I do and does it better. Double Down, tho we'll never agree on Wright, is a master critic in the best sense and turns Willie McGee into a baker and Michael Phelps into a baked employee better than anyone could. 21, of course. And Creosote always makes me feel good about myself in comparison.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Which member do you miss most?

10. dooley_womack1

I'll answer this, then someone else has to ask, or I'll feel as if I'm on a date.

Double J, the human Billboard archive, is definitely missed. Everyone, and everyone's mother, of course, misses Clubber.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Honestly, I'm just drunk and horny bored.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

But fuck you, too. Why are you so uncomfortable with sexuality? Wait, don't answer that lest we wind up on a date.

Draft saved Draft deleted