1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

boortz receiving threats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, May 13, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, I'll leave it to the Secret Service if someone threatens Franken's life. He'll be a senator soon enough.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bullshit. Where, explicitly, did you see that anyone indicated it's OK for conservatives to be threatened?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think it depends on the number, tone and legitimacy of the posts.

If your 13-year-old kid tells a friend in fun that he's "going to kill him" during a water balloon fight, that OK?

What if he jokingly types that in an email and the recipient doesn't take it as a joke? Think he should be slammerized?

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The mad girl with the staring eyes and long white fingers
    Hooked in the stones of the wall,
    The storm-wracked hair and screeching mouth: Does it matter, Cassandra,
    Whether the people believe
    Your bitter fountain

Robinson Jeffers

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That sounds kinda dirty...

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hey, feel free to do the speed limit if you're on the right (lane).

But, not acceptable if you're in the left. Not acceptable at all.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you hate anyone who went to Texas A&M?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Definitely, and along the lines of the silly mudslinging in this thread, I'll go one further.

The aforementioned Randi Rhodes is an embarassment to anyone who considers themselves liberal. Borrowing the playbook of the shithead conservative radio hosts is no playbook I want any part of. She makes my ears bleed.

It would be nice if conservatives would admit as much about some of their spokesmen. All of these fools do either politicial philosophy a disservice.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

So you hate Randi Rhodes because she used "conservative playbook," not because of what she said? Interesting.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Uh no. Her way of saying what she says -- often inflammatory, out-of-context BS with a healthy dose of personal cheap shots -- is straight from the conservative radio playbook.

Just because I agree with someone's politics doesn't mean I agree with the way they go about professing it. That's my point.

11. What I do know is that the Boortzes et. al. get awfully touchy when people use their own tactics back at them.

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I've listened to Boortz. Trust me - he ain't that touchy. He doesn't mind getting the tables turned on him.
    He veers off the right wing path with his stances on legalizing pot and abortion.
    I'm just shocked that this doesn't happen more often — or is made public more often — with someone as polarizing as he can be, whether they're on the left or right side of the dial.

Draft saved Draft deleted