1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boomer and Carton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone catch debut of Boomer and Carton this am. All I noticed was that Chris Carlon dominated broadcast. Carton barely spoke.

Its funny Carlon now has to go back to being the sports update guy after being the man all summer. So far it seems like a hard adjustment.

Based on his performance this summer he should have gotten the gig.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fybush.com (reliable for all things media) had a second-hand report on WFAN trying to get Costas on that shift, but he spurned them.

Bob Costas, AM drive? Sounds like something NPR would do, not WFAN.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Didn't listen to the first broadcast, but there is no doubt in my mind the gig should have went to Carlin and Jones. Methinks this has more to do with CBS looking to hire a big name-Boomer and a controversial host--Carton than anything else. I predict they will fail badly trying to fill Imus' shoes. (Just see any number of hosts who followed in Stern's place)

4. Boomer is the kind of Manhattan blowhard who droive me out of bars in Midtown.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree on Carlon / Jones- they were very good - had a kind if a Rege / Kelly quality to their chemistry

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

i agree. they'll look back at this as a poor decision akin to when they hired pete franklin for afternoon drive. imus gave wfan a unique non-sports kickoff to its day. can't be duplicated. when the boomer/cartin thing blows up, they'll go with a lesser-known, hungry combo like carlin/jones.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Boomer was so great.............in 1987.

But I'll always respect the guy. He was there when others weren't, and he worked hard.

That said, his Dunkin' Donuts thing is kinda gacko.

Draft saved Draft deleted