1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom to The Yankees : " Are You Effin Kiddin Me?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 21, 2008.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Seriously, while big shots like Boom will find a way handle the rate hikes, this is the point at which a lot of middle-class fans will be pushed away from the ballpark experience for both the Yankees and Mets games.

I've been buying a Saturday plan at Shea Stadium for my in-laws for the past 23 years (this year it cost $581 for 11 dates) but they, like many others, will be priced out following this season. Maybe we'll be able to get them tickets to 2-3 games over the course of the season, but I guarantee they won't identify with their team as closely. The availability of smaller ticket plans allowed people like my in-laws to feel invested in their favorite club.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I heard they're offering one hour dry cleaning and laundry service....bring your stuff in the personalized 'The Yankees Cleaned Me Out' laundry bag, they pick it up in the top of the 1st, return everything pressed and folded by the 7th inning stretch.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It brings new meaning to getting your pants pressed.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are they Haggar slacks?

5. lono

lono Active Member

The Farrah Dad & Lad collection ...

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A Yankee Stadium cosmopolitan costs more than a pair of those pants.

7. Boom_70

[​IMG]

Mr Boom we will do everything possbile to insure your resettlement goes smoothly and you are happy with your final resting place at the new Yankee Stadium.

8. Boom_70

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. With both the Yankees and the Mets turning over their seats they are at risk of losing a very loyal fan base to that of a more casual fan.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But don't the "fans" who can afford to go to those games usually bounce by the 5th or 6th inning? Gotta beat traffic and get back to Connecticut at a reasonable hour.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't be so sure about that, F_B. If crazy-ass Hank "anyone who doesn't think Joba Chamberlain should be in the rotation is an idiot" Steinbrenner runs Cashman off, a rapid descent is possible.

Has anyone at the Stadium seen the propaganda video about the new Stadium? Narrated by--of course--John Sterling, who intones that the new Stadium will improve accessibility for all fans! Sure.

And don't forget the hike in parking from $14 to $17. I bet it'll be at least $20 next year.

I think the bottom's going to fall out at the Stadium, and in a hurry.

11. Boom_70

No - it would be like leaving mass before final blessing. The is not LA .

Yankee Fans stay to see the Sandman enter in the 9th and here Frank sing New York New York - They only leave if if game is a blow out and there is a risk that the Yankees will play Liza version of NY NY

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So it's cheaper to sit next to Nicholson at a Lakers' game?

That's just fucking insane...

Plus, Boom, I don't know what you do for a living, but are you hiring? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted