1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom to The Yankees : " Are You Effin Kiddin Me?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

If I had to pay that much to go to a baseball game, I'd need a counselor, too.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you do this, I'm going to beat your ass when I'm up there for New Year's. Count on it.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How about "yes sir can I please have another"

Thank you to all of you for your concern and support during this difficult time. I received a number of PM's with offers of monetary support. While I can't thank you all individually it means a lot.

Just to be clear I am not going to shell out $1500 per seat. even though it is a company expense it would be hard to justify in terms of client benifits.

Instead I am thinking of making an offer to buy Stan's - across the street from stadium and have a party every night. All SJ members off course would be welcome.

4. Boom_70

I'll be the guy in Times Square with Yankee cap - sleeping in card board box on subway grate.

5. three_bags_full

No shit, you'll be sleeping on a box.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just looking at that link...you didn't mention the seats had teak arms, plus all these other amenities:

* 1,800 CUSHIONED SUITE-STYLE SEATS WITH TEAK ARMS
    * ACCESS TO THE EXCLUSIVE BI-LEVEL LEGENDS SUITE CLUB AND TWO LEGENDS SUITE DUGOUT LOUNGES, ONE EACH ALONG THE FIRST AND THIRD BASELINES
    * PRIVATE RESTROOMS IN THE LEGENDS SUITE CLUB AND THE LEGENDS SUITE DUGOUT LOUNGES
    * ALL-INCLUSIVE FOOD AND BEVERAGES,* INCLUDING:
    o IN-SEAT WAIT SERVICE
    o FINE DINING AT THE LEGENDS SUITE CLUB, FEATURING À LA CARTE AND PERFORMANCE-COOKING STATIONS
    o "GRAB N' GO" FOOD AND BEVERAGE OFFERINGS AT THE LEGENDS SUITE DUGOUT LOUNGES
    * PERSONAL CONCIERGE SERVICE AVAILABLE
    * PRIVATE ENTRANCE, ELEVATOR AND CONCOURSE
    * ACCESS TO PREFERRED PARKING
    * AVAILABLE ON A FULL SEASON, MULTI-YEAR BASIS

7. Boom meets with his seat resettlement counselor.

[​IMG]

8. Boom_70

It makes taking a leak in sinks seem not so bad any more.

You forgot one of other amenities -

On staff Cardiologist - to handle bi passes on as needed basis

9. three_bags_full

For $486 grand, I better get 729 blowjobs (one per inning, if you're keeping score at home) in that "exclusive bi-level executive suite" and the "two dugout lounges."

10. I'd trade off the teak arms for that, 3Bags.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit was that dead-on accurate.

12. Boom_70

Yes sir- I've read the passage over and over and each time laugh more. It's a perfect discription of the New York investment banker scene.

JG - I urge you to expand it into a book - it would be a gem.
    sloppy man hugs in front of Scores - dam that's funny

Draft saved Draft deleted