1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom to The Yankees : " Are You Effin Kiddin Me?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Slappy - I am thinking of buying a house in Cleveland - knocking out back wall and replacing with Jumbotron to televise Yankee games.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Actually, you could take 100 friends to every home game (box seats) at PNC and buy them all hot dogs and drinks for what it costs you just to go to a Yankee game.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Plenty of foreclosures here!

I can show you some houses you can buy for less than the cost of one game's worth of tix your resettlement counselor offered you.

The back wall might already be knocked out. Copper pipes not included.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

One of the fellas with whom I play hockey is a manager at a popular gentlemen's club here. He mostly rolls in for our noon shinny game without having slept, hollow-eyed and stinking and bearing wonderful stories of the gray flannel executive debaucheries he witnessed a few hours earlier. Lots of expense-account hijinx in the Champagne Room, of course, and flyweight Fairfield suburbanites vomiting up their Patron curbside, and CEOs from Ohio to Kyoto with a half-dozen clients in tow dropping 25K on the black card for watered highballs and expressionless lapdances.

5. Boom_70

Wait just a sec - are you Michael Lewis?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe if the Yankees added watered-down highballs and expressionless lapdances...just a thought.

7. In Exile

In Exile Member

When I was poor, I went to a great number of games both at Fenway and Yankee Stadium.

Now I'm not poor and I can't afford to go either place.

And I also don't care nearly as much. The test, not only for the Yankees but for teams like the Red Sox, which are just a few years behind the Yankees in terms of ticket prices, will be what happens when, as will inevitably occur at some point, the team puts in 2-3 bad years in a row, particularly in a deteriorating economy.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yep ... and in the upper deck. I'm going.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It reminds me of Fenway...

Funny thing is, I'm headed to St. Augustine, FL for college...it'll very likely be cheaper to take a flight from Jacksonville to Tampa for an occasional Sox-Rays game than to head 20 minutes from my old home to Fenway.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In THIS economy?

Without. A. Frigging. Doubt.

And I know, we're dealing with gun-to-the-head Mafia shakedown bullshit, here.

"Oh, you're not going to renew? You won't get another chance at these locations anytime soon, sir."

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And you know of this... how?

12. Boom_70

I wonder if those CEO's are concerned that the U.S. has not signed the Kyoto treaty.

Draft saved Draft deleted