1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom to the Jets : See Ya

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Another season ticket dilemma - not one of cost but one of principle. Need to decide this week whether to send in my 3 grand for Jet season tickets. Cost is not the deal since it really is less that what it now costs to attend 3 Yankee games.

Its just a hassle to go and there are times you cannot give away Jet seats. I mean really who wants to go to a 4 o'clock Jets game in early January when the Jets season is already over.

Next year as thanks for all of our support - can you say PSL's

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't blame you, Boom. From a fan perspective, what exactly have the Jets done on or off the field that makes you want to stay loyal to them to the tune of 3Gs?

That being said, my sister (lielsntx on this board, BTW) has season tickets to the Texans this year, God bless her. As a result, I'll see the Texans' first-ever Monday Night Football game in person!

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Boom, turn more of your attention to 21's vagina than these season tickets of yours. It will probably be cheaper in the long run.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fixed.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And he can still tailgate.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or, in layman's terms, Sundays.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd take that three grand and buy myself a really sweet plasma hi-def.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not for nothing, because I will laugh at just about anything. But that is just wrong. Seriously.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Sounds like you answered your own question, Boom. I wouldn't spend 3 grand on something I felt was a "hassle." However, for me personally, there is nothing to resemble a hassle about driving to and attending a Texans game, no matter how over the season may be. And I do NOT live close to Reliant stadium. I love everything about the experience of a live NFL game and for me personally it's worth every penny of what I pay.

10. You mean it wouldn't be cheaper?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. There is no way 21 costs more than the Yankee and Jet season tickets.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I dunno, she's got pretty expensive tastes when it comes to shoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted