1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Boom goes the dynamite" kid gets job in Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Aug 23, 2008.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And that's kind of why I posted it. We've all fucked up. But the fact that this kid could keep his cool in the long run, learn from his screw up and make the most of it is an inspiration.
    During the shit that has hit the industry lately, we can all be supportive of each other.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did you watch the fucking clip? yeeaaah, it was funny.

3. accguy

accguy Member

Yes, I have watched the "fucking clip".

The poor guy doesn't deserve to be forever ridiculed. The amount of venom and the number of people willing to just attack people just makes my skin crawl.

I'm glad I was in college before the internet exploded.

I'm happy that the guy kept at it and got a job. Especially considering everything he has been through.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why don't you take the stick out of your ass? it probably would be more confortable for an uptight guy such as yourself.

5. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

6. accguy

accguy Member

Tom Petty,

Go fuck yourself.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

[Broken image link removed by Admin]

8. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

NOBODY TALKS THAT WAY ABOUT TOM PETTY. NOBODY.

I got your back, TP.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

somebody needs a belly rub

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i might be able to hold you while you softly wimper, nancy, but you're going to have to find someone else to spoon with after you dry your eyes.

11. What the hell did the boom goes dynamite kid do? I don't get out much but this thread makes me wonder what all the fuss is about.

12. Ok, I just answered my own question. Hadn't ever seen that clip.

Yes that was terrible, horrible, and all that stuff. But who cares? He's a kid who messed up. Big deal.

If you need to make fun of that kid to make yourself feel better, you've got your own issues. I don't feel sorry for him, but I'm not going to laugh at him. I wrote some pretty bad crap when I was in college.

Oh, and you can call me Nancy sissy boy too. Whatever makes you feel superior.

Draft saved Draft deleted