1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom Goes Green

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree it's a nice drive and don't take this the wrong way but you need to drive some more of the country.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've driven many roads across America. Few things I enjoy more than being behind the wheel. There are lots of memorable roads (the one just outside of Dodge City, which I broke down on, is pretty cool, too), but Route 9 will always be tops in my book.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I didn't drive Route 9 this time but I've done it plenty of times and always enjoy it. My favorite driving road in Vermont is the part of Route 100 along the Green Mountain National Forest. This trip, I drove the length of both I-91 and I-89 as well as a trip from Newport to Burlington along Route 100 and Route 15.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I-91 is engineered perfectly. If you've got the cojones to push it to 85-90-95, the curves are perfect. But you just never know where the Staties are hiding. Usually around Bellows Falls and Springfield.

I-89 is cool near Bethel, and then you get to the massive bend around the mountain.

Route 100 is, indeed, a fun road, and so is Route 30 from Brattleboro to Townshend.

Another outstanding mountain drive is Route 11 from Manchester to where it dumps off at I-91 in Springfield, or, you can just cross the bridge into New Hampshire.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tough to be if you are never nude.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted