1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonnie Bernstein talks suicide bombers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/27/espns-bonnie-bernstein-says-palestinian-kids-want-to-be-suicide/

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I actually heard this when it was happening, and I couldn't understand why in the world she was going there. You can't say "I'm not making the comparison or the analogy in any way" and then make the comparison and analogy and have everything be cool just because you said, up front, um, I really didn't mean that.

It just struck me as someone who didn't know what the hell she was talking about stepping all over her tongue.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This thread will not end well. But it will end.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bonnie Bernstein mentallty based on these comments.. fucking moron.

5. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I was listening as she was talking and I could not figure out where the hell she was going with her comments. It seemed like she was trying to be creative with her thoughts and she came out looking foolish. You figure with some of the stupid stuff that has been written and said on TV by journalists the last couple of weeks that she would have learned from that. She obviously didn't.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No one gives a shit if you think Bonnie Bernstein is hot or not. Stick to the fucking subject at hand. The SportsJournalists.com masterbation nation meets on the Anything Goes board.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This was a far more lucid and accurate comment when it was written in English. But you're right -- she should STFU.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Yet another example of someone trying to prove they know about something other than sports.
    Then they prove that's wrong.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know the topics are very different, but I think those comments are every bit as bad as the Hitler reference that got Jemele Hill suspended.

It was every bit as stupid and probably more offensive.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Anyone who follows the news should intuit that his numbers are crap. A quick google search found this:

http://www.ecaar.org/Newsletter/Nov04/saleh.htm

And there have been many in the last 4+ years. And this doesn't count the many, many that are foiled before they are able to kill. And to be honest, this number sounds low too, but I'm sure it is based on real data, as opposed to the statement sent to M & M which seems like an outright lie, that they knew no one would challenge.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Think universally considered hot white girl will get suspended? No way! She'd have to advocate gelding Bush to get heaved.
    * Dana Jacobson is not universally considered hot (not I think anything's wrong with her).

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or maybe it is easier to get away with offending some groups than others.

I really do find it disappointing that people aren't ripping into Bernstein the way they ripped into Hill. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed.

Draft saved Draft deleted