1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonnaroo?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I was thinking of taking some vacation in June and going on a road trip with some friends to Bonnaroo.

Has anyone ever been? Seeking suggestions, advice, whether it's worth it, etc.

I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen Pearl Jam live, and this would be a great opportunity to see them and other great bands.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Do you like showers? Comfortable beds? Hate standing in line for an hour? Hate Porta-potties?

Then avoid Bonnaroo.

3. I know all that will be involved, but there are hotel packages you can get, too, if you want to avoid camping outside. I was just wondering about the festival itself.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I bought my ticket Saturday. I haven't been, but I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I only live about an hour away so I can commute.

Here's the other thread on this: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/52604/

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea what Bonnaroo is, but I now know to avoid it. Thanks Inky.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I went to school not too far from Bonnaroo.

That entire area between Murfreesboro and Manchester is kind of a strange little area. In the late 60s-early 70s, many hippies dropped out of society and settled there, just like they did in western North Carolina between the TN-NC border and Asheville.

There's a nudist colony up in there somewhere, along with several hippie communes. Some fascinating people, to be sure.

Oh, and if you believe everything you hear, the geographical center of the universe is located inside Davis Food Market diagonally across the street from the main entrance to MTSU. Legend has it that if you buy beer there, you will never leave Murfreesboro unless you nail a shoe to a tree in the middle of campus.

I never bought beer there, but I did buy a couple of issues of Swank. I now live in L.A.

Draft saved Draft deleted