1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonehead asks Sam Cassell bonehead questions

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhouston, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Rhouston

Rhouston Member

Some people should not be allowed tape recorders nor allowed to interview athletes. This is embarrassing.
  2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

"Do you look more like ET or Gollum?"
    Cassell should have knocked him out cold right then.
  3. Sly

Sly Active Member

Or asked that dude the same question. Guy isn't exactly Brad Pitt himself.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I loved Sam "The Crafty One" Cassell when he was young, winning 2 titles in his first 2 years with those great Rockets TEAMS. Great fun to watch. He was great, exciting, thrilling, the hub of the team even though he was just a pup. I so wished the Lakers would've snatched him up when he left Houston. His career is going to be over soon, which is sad. He'll be a head coach one day, and win more than a few championships.
  5. Nice assumption. I'd wait to see if he gets a job or what sort of players he inherits before typing that tripe, but that's just me.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ooh, "tripe." I've been dissed!
  7. That was just too painful to watch.
  8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Best. Interview. EVER!!
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

Wow, I now love Sam Cassell even more. He was so calm and professional with a kid who obviously should be fired ASAP 1. for doing things like this and 2. for thinking it was cool and posting it on YouTube, then posting his contact information

I think 98 percent of NBA players would've just got up and left, told the PR director, and had the kid's credential revoked. That kid, right there, is what is wrong with our profession. Every kid like this who gets into locker rooms and gets to ask questions of pro athletes, diminishes all our credibility and makes it easier for PR directors and teams to justify restrictions on press access.
  10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I agree with DF. Total class shown by Cassell. He had every right to get up and walk out or worse. He didn't.

And, DF, you're right. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Clippers again.

I googled this idiot and he's some sort of want-to-be shock jock.

Apparently he asked Kucinich if he is tall enough to be president.

He's pulled crap like this with Jose Canseco and Lamar Odem.

What I don't get is why he or anyone would think his schtick about calling Cassell ugly is funny.
  11. jlee

jlee Active Member

Despite the stupidity of his questions, what annoyed me the most was that he was pointing the mic at himself most of the time.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I don't hate the kid as much as his audience, whatever that may be.

Remember when it took an actual gift of wit and humor to be considered funny? Now, you can be funny by just being stupid. And anyone can be stupid. Hell, I'm stupid at an average of 578 times before I go to bed.

Was it Tom Green who started this brand of squirm-a-minute schlock? Does it go back further?

Maybe I can get in on the action. The first presidential candidate to come to my town, I'm shaking his/her hand, then dropping my pants and jamming a red-hot poker up my ass. Won't that be hilarious? Aren't I funny? ::)
Draft saved Draft deleted