1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bone in/ bone out........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 21, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oysters are one of the greatest foods of all time.

Malpeques from Prince Edward Island are absolutely the best.

A little lemon, a little hot sauce and toss them back.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oysters are gross. But crabs are amazing. Any time the instructions for eating your dinner include "rip off the face" and "scrape out the lungs" that's a good meal for me!

Mmmmmmmmmm Sambo's.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oysters are gross?

And bone out wings aren't? :)

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

NO. Becuase they still have texture. Oysters are slimy and nasty.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They have the texture of food you ate as a child.

You're grown up now.

There's nothing like an oyster slithering down your throat. :)

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

My local place has the best wings in town for my money. Huge wings and for a good price. They trump Wingstop (too damn small, but tasty) and the Wild Wing here (not Buffalo WW). Though Wild Wing here is a close second. Their garlic wings are damn tasty. Just don't try to go near the Braveheart wings. WHOA!

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I didn't say I ate wings with toothpicks. Hooters puts a toothpick in one of the wings so the waitresses can distinguish between hot and three mile island. I feel that wing should be eaten last, and my friend feels it should be eaten first. The waitress agreed with me, but she was probably just working for a bigger tip as the bill was going on my card.

Hell, half of the "ladies" on this board are trying to make a case for boneless wings, and you want to basically call me a Red Hat for asking when you eat the wing that holds the toothpick? :mad: ::)

9. KG

KG Active Member

I usually never eat more than 10 wings at the most, and that's when I'm eating only wings, so I would never actually make it to the toothpick, but given my strange, organization OCD, it would simply drive me mad if someone with me thought the toothpick wing should be eaten first. That's like eating the fortune cookie first.

She may have been working on you for the tip, but I'm sure she probobly thinks the toothpick wing should be saved for last.

The last time I went to Hooters, I was the only girl among three guys (who will never stop talking about this next part). Just as we were about to leave, after two hours of them flirting with the waitress, she came over to our table and handed me her number saying, "Here's my number, call me some time if you want to hang out."

The poor guys had tried so hard to impress her that I couldn't help but have a nana-nana-boo-boo moment when we got outside.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S a great story.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Here's a little recipe for ya.

2 cups flour
    1 cup cornmeal
    1/4 cup paprika
    1 solid dose cayenne
    Plenty of salt and black pepper
    Lots of wings

Mix all the dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Wash and pat all the wings dry. Toss about 10 into the bag with the mix. Shake 'em up well. Repeat until all wings are coated. Let them sit for about 20 minutes while the oil heats to 350 (or a little higher). Fry them until they're golden brown. Remove to paper towels and coat generously with cayenne pepper.

Hot sauce

1/2 bottle of Louisiana, Tabasco, Texas Pete or Crystal hot sauce (I prefer Louisiana).
    1/2 stick of butter/margarine
    1 tsp garlic powder

Bring all ingredients to a boil while stirring almost contstantly.

Coat the wings or let folks dip 'em how they like. I normally make a honey barbecue sauce for the weak and serve it all with celery and ranch.

Never been one left after a party.

That's a good story, Kathy. Give 'em hell when you see them.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Copy and paste is such a wonderful function when it comes to recipes.
    Thanks, T_B_F.

Draft saved Draft deleted