1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bone in/ bone out........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 21, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: Food other than wings at wings joints...

I go to BWW occasionally, when friends are in town or I'm just hanging out, and I usually get the wraps. Sometimes with shrimp sometimes with chicken. Good stuff.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I can't believe I'm even going to admit that I can do this...but can anyone else pull the bones from the wing (the main meaty part) in one swift without the result of a mangled mess?

3. Lyric

Lyric Member

It wouldn't be nearly as interesting, even if we could ...

4. KG

KG Active Member

I know it sounds crazy but it reduces how much contact time the dreadfully, painfully hot sauce has with your lips. Not quite a parlor trick but it can still be useful.

Truth be told - a redneck who was bragging about how he used to play quarters on the hooters tables because "they are perfect for it with the thick resin coating" taught me how to pull the bone out of the wing.

Ok I really feel the need to get away from ATL now.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Cracking crabs, now there's a very inefficient way to try to get something to eat.

There was a crab house across the (little) street from my very first apartment in NoVa and after a while I would get bored cracking crabs and order a pizza.

6. Lyric

Lyric Member

Even moreso than oysters. Of course, I'm well practiced at oyster shuckin' ;)

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Oysters, I don't mind working with because I'm gonna have a few (or more than a few) and then more than likely move on to something else.

8. Lyric

Lyric Member

Absolutely. Plus oysters is a beer food.

9. KG

KG Active Member

I can't fathom mixing the two. Although I don't think I've eaten oysters before.

But now my mind is on sashimi. A salmon rose would make my day.

10. Lyric

Lyric Member

You obviously haven't been in the South long enough, Ms. Grindle, if you haven't hung out by a fire on a finger-numbing, fall night slurping oysters and beers.

Magical moments.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Crab cracking doesn't have to be hard. It's really a simple process.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I've been in the metro-Atlanta area for about 11 years. The only fire you can have around here is in a fireplace. Usually when I'm hanging around a fire and drinking beer, I'm on a camping trip where I wouldn't dare attempt buying something like oysters from the locals.

Draft saved Draft deleted