1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bone in/ bone out........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 21, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Speaking of wings, what's this chain like, Buffalo Wild Wings? (Not up here).

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've seen Quaker Steak and Lube during my trips to Erie and I've always wanted to check out.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I really like it. Lots of different sauces, though I always go with straight mild. It's not exactly cheap, but it's not terrible either. They have good specials for both wings and beer. Usually good TV coverage, and they have the NTN trivia game, which really caps it off.

4. Personally, I like both. I generally go to Buffalo Wild Wings with my buddies once a week to watch a game or two, have some beer and some wings.

Tuesday nights, they have the special on wings and Thursday nights they have the special on boneless wings. I generally go for what's on special and I like them both (Spicy Garlic is my sauce of choice). It doesn't make you less of a man if you eat boneless wings. Who really cares? It's a personal preference. Sometimes you don't want to make a mess of yourself.

BTW, if you want to talk about not manly. Went to BWW with some friends one night and one of my buddies decided to try to the Wild sauce (a step below Blazin' for hottest on the menu). He ate one wing, decided it was too hot and took a napkin and wiped off most of the sauce on the rest of the wings. Now THAT is the most unmanly thing I've ever seen done with wings.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Love it, absolutely love it. Wings usually have the right amount of sauce on them, which means they are a bit messy, but that's part of eating wings. The onion rings are tremendous also. Good beer, dozens of TVs, that trivia game is always going, and I notice that BWW is always hopping but never packed. It's one of my favorite chain joints to eat at (especially when I get to write off a business meal).

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, I have never been to a wing joint that had decent food other than wings.

Wings are OK, but a meal of chicken skin and tendons with fries is not something I want every day.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I probably only eat at Buffalo Wild Wings once or twice a year, but they do make some solid wings.

Try the garlic, the jerk, and the extra hot. All quality.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I prefer Wingstop myself, particularly the lemon pepper. The garlic parmesan ain't bad, either.

As for our local BWW, it's the only place in town other than IHOP or Denny's to get a sit-down meal after midnight. Unfortunately, the last few times I went it had been taken over by karaoke.

9. KG

KG Active Member

When I go to Hooters I end up going through tons of paper towels. The Three-Mile is the only sauce I ever get, but it is hot so I end up drinking a lot of beer to cool my mouth off. By the end of it all, I'm drunk and I have a mountain of orange-stained paper towels. :D

10. Lyric

Lyric Member

You like Hooters, Kathy?

11. KG

KG Active Member

Yes Lyric I do. Ok the restaurant that is.

12. torrie_wilson

torrie_wilson Member

No offense, but anyone who claims BWW has top notch wings has been seriously deprived. The wings there taste fine (I, too, like the spicy garlic sauce) but they're too freakin small - especially for the price. It's a complete rip-off unless you go on wing night. There are tons of great sports bars out there that make great wings, all with their own, unique character. Get out there and explore a bit (especially those of you who have to travel for your beat). BWW is too standard/run-of-the-mill.

A few suggestions for good wings:

Duurty Harry's in Ft. Lauderdale
    Lazy Dog in Boulder
    The Peanut in Kansas City
    --and (don't laugh)--
    The downtown Renaissance Hotel in Dallas

Draft saved Draft deleted