1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bone in/ bone out........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 21, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

bought some real bacon that was maple flavored a while back. stuff stunk up the whole house.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The fact that this thread hasn't gone off line has to be one of the most amazing things in SportsJournalists.com history. Maybe we're more mature than we get credit for. Nah...

Having said that, boneless wings are rubbish. I can't go to a metro area and not go to BWW and get a dozen mild wings. Mild ... and they still tingle. Love 'em. Hooters, too (the wings that is).

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Hooters generally but I went there last week to meet some of the other coaches from son's t-ball league (it's centrally located for us) and one of the guys recommended getting all drumsticks with the Three Mile Island sauce. Must say I quite enjoyed them.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

All my friends go boneless ... and they're a bunch of pussies.

Eating wings correctly is an art. Getting it down to where you can do it in two chomps, and a few little nibbles is a part of growing up. Fishing that last — and no doubt best — chunk of meat from between the two bones is what it's all about.

You aren't supposed to eat chicken wings with a fork. It isn't supposed to be clean. It isn't supposed to be insanely easy. It's supposed to take 30 minutes (like someone said) and come in the middle of a good game, complimented by a few cold beers. Add in some NTN Trivia at BWW and it really amounts to one of my favorite meals.

Boneless wings are chicken nuggets. Go to McDonalds, save yourself some money, and the embarrassment.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Spot on, brother. I don't think I've ever had wings with anything but beer and a game or NTN on TV. I'm convinced it can't be done.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Ick. I can't even stand the smell of 3 Mile Island sauce if someone orders it. I had to leave the table and eat at the bar once when my friend did that. I like my chicken wings where I can taste them and not have my mouth on fire in the process.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Here's one for the Hooters (restaurant) fans out there. When do you eat the wing with the toothpick? I once got into an argument with someone over this as we split a plate of 50 wings. He wanted to eat the toothpicked wing first. ::) I always save it to last.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Only at Hooters do the toothpicks taste better than the wings.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Chicken wings with a knife & fork? Toothpicks? What's next, finger bowls? Beer served in bone china mugs?

I've either dropped into a daycare for 20 somethings or a Junior League meeting.

Pilot's right. It's not supposed to be easy or clean. That's the whole point.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So is this a double entendre again? I can't keep up.

11. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Bone in, and if yinz guys are coming to Pittsburgh to cover the US Open, a must-stop is Fat Heads on the South Side.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My favorite are BBQ wings at Quaker Stake and Lube. Also, I believe Wings, Suds and Spuds to be wildly overrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted